- Not just because—
- It denies Right to early childhood care and pre-primary education to children below 6 years of age; and
- It denies Right to secondary education to children in the 14-18 year age group.
- But because—
- It denies elementary education of equitable quality even to children in the 6-14 year age group;
- It does not include even the required student support measures to ensure retention and regular participation of children in the 6-14 year age group; and
- It neither develops government schools nor regulates private schools.
- More so because—
- It has provisions to allow private managements to hike fees as they like and to intensify the pace of commercialization;
- It provides for siphoning off public funds to private operators through reimbursement;
- It opens flood gates to thorough commercialization of school education under reimbursement scheme.
- It not only institutionalizes the present multi-layered and unequal school system but also further widens inequalities and discrimination in all dimensions.
- It ends up in closure of government schools and takes the school system precisely in opposite direction to the long-cherished Common School System.
Chennai/ 30th June 2012
All India Forum for Right to Education
306, Pleasant Apartments, Bazarghat, Hyderabad 500 004, Andhra Pradesh
Tel.: +9140-23305266; Mob.: 09440980396; Email: email@example.com